ZARYA A-i-R is pleased to announce the new open call for participants for 2020.
Deadline: August 11th, 2019, 18:00 Vladivostok time (UTC +10)
ABOUT ZARYA ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE PROGRAM
ZARYA Artist-in-Residence program based on ZARYA Center for Contemporary Art in Vladivostok is a project aimed at provision of support to professionals in the field of contemporary art that welcomes artists, curators and researchers regardless of their preferred genres and techniques, as well as age and nationality. ZARYA A-i-R offers an opportunity to live and work in the new environment and conditions conductive to intensive work that provide a chance for successful implementation of creativity projects.
ZARYA A-i-R program is primarily focused on analysis and development of local environment. One of its tasks is establishment of a dialogue with both dedicated professionals and wide audience. ZARYA A-i-R program is destined to become an efficient point of interaction between representatives of various nations and cultures and to encourage development of the local art world on the Far East. Throughout the existence of the Residency, which was opened in December 2014, more than 80 artists from Russia and overseas have become its participants.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
- artists, curators and researchers (individual or teams) not younger than 18 years working with painting, sculpture, graphics, photo and video, installation, performance, choreography, theater, music and street art.
Residence duration – 1 or 2 months (optional).
Resident is to be provided with:
- accommodation in a furnished studio apartment (2 studios for 2 residents in each, kitchen + living room, household appliances) at the premises of ZARYA CCA;
- a workshop (33 m2) at the premises of ZARYA CCA for joint use;
- PR support of the developing project;
- assistance in coordination of the developing project (introduction to the local context, meetings arrangement, information and literature search assistance);
- official invitation letter for visa.
Resident is expected to:
- develop and present the project within the program timeline;
- provide an introduction lecture;
- provide an additional event in another format (master-class, seminar, off-site lecture, open studio day, training course, etc.);
- submit final artworks for ZARYA CCA collection (the number of artworks and other details are to be negotiated individually).
Priority is to be given to the projects that meet the following requirements:
- site-specific focus on local context of the Far East and Vladivostok;
- strong conceptual framework of the project;
- proper understanding of the project development process.
ZARYA CCA acts on a competitive basis and considers all applications submitted until August 11th, 2019 (applications receipt closing – 18:00 Vladivostok time, UTC+10).
- updated portfolio (PDF file, max 25 MB) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Porfolio_Surname Name (attn: the name in the subject should match with the name in the application form)
Incomplete or incorrectly processed applications will not be considered.
Q: What are the criteria of selection of artworks to be left by artists for ZARYA CCA collection?
A: Selection is conducted by an expert committee. The Residence reserves the right to select the particular final artworks for collection.
Q: Is it possible to bring family members to the Residence?
A: Details are negotiated in each individual case. We can also give recommendations on search of rental apartments in Vladivostok.
Q: Is it obligatory to hold an exhibition upon the residency completion?
A: The form of residency report is not limited to only exhibition project. Possible options are to be discussed at the site and may be subject to change as the case may be.
*If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to send them to email@example.com